Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Is it Okay for Teacher to Be Technologically illiterate?

I am indifferent in agreeing with the blog that we read. I feel that new teachers, such as ourselves, we should be technologically savvy. We have the classes and the resources to know all about technology. In my opinion it would be completely ridiculous for a new teacher to not know about teachnology. Knowing about technology will only help us in our classrooms, it will also help our students. When our students see us useing technology, then they can learn how it use it. We have to remember that as futue teachers, we will be teaching the most influential people we will ever come in contact with. If we don't give them thir first taste of technology then who will?
I also think that teachers who have been teaching for a while should be cut some slack. Technology changes everyday, and some teachers find it hard to find the time to learn all about the new technology. I don't mean that they shouln't learn t all, I mean that they shouldn't be expected to become an expert in that field. I think they should be given a little more time to learn, and be expected to learn a little bit about the new technology.

No comments: