Monday, December 1, 2008

iPods in the Classroom

Wow! I never realized that an iPod could be used for so much!! It still completely amazes me how people find ways to use technology in the classroom. Many of the experiences that I found on the web were for older grade levels, but I am sure that there are many ways K-2 grades can use them too. I don't own an iPod, but do want to learn how to use one because I know that many of the students I teach will already know how to use one.
I found one story about Duke University using iPods, and I thought it was great. The entering freshman class at Duke all received iPods with preloaded history of the University and the fight song. This way the students were all equal with technology, because we all know that some college students could not afford iPods. I think every University should try to implement the same technology initiative and see what happens.
Source: http://www.education-world.com/a_tech/sites/sites070.shtml

No comments: