Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Trip to ACCESS Lab at Daphne High

Access Lab at Daphne High School
Kellie Brooks at Daphne High School Access Lab
My trip to the Daphne High School ACCESS Lab was very interesting. I was able to meet Mr. Rho, the ACCESS Lab teacher, and explore the lab. I went during the second block class of the day so Mr. Rho was not teaching. The thing that I thought was really cool about the lab was how the teachers could link to other Labs by IVC. Mr. Rho linked to the other Baldwin County school that has an ACCESS lab. Another thing that I thought was neat was that there were two cameras in the class, one for the teacher and one for students. The cameras could zoom in on the students so that way someone in the back could hear someone in the front.
I think the whole ACCESS Lab idea is a great one. It brings so much technology into the class and it gets us one step closer to 'team teaching' with other teachers at other schools. It also allows students to take classes they normally would not take. Unfortunately the labs have a long way to go as far as technical gliches and financially. I am excited to learn more about the labs and how I can use them. I am confident that as soon as all the schools have labs, then it will be easier to resolve these issues.

No comments: