Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mathematics in Technology- Maine Department of Education

In the first episode of the podcasts I wasn't surprised that the podcaster said that most teachers were not into incorporating technology into their math lessons. What I wasn't aware of, was the technology was essential to teaching math. I do know that many students do not understand math, I am one of them, so I wonder if technology would have help me. Technology supports a student centered learning activity, and one technology lesson can cover 3-5 textbook lessons. So using technology would actually be easier to use technology than trying to cram in the whole textbook.
Many teachers are often intimidated by technology, buts if they would listen to these podcasts they would be amazed at the pros of using technology instead of all the cons of using it. After listening to these podcasts, I think it would be easier to use technology.
As a teacher I think that I am already set on using technology in any Math lesson that I teach. Most students get bored with worksheets, and even though math is a subject that you have to practice, using technology would be a cool innovative way to teach. I especially like how Judy Chandler, the podcaster, said that one technology Math lesson can include many textbook math lessons. Technology is making everything easier, and can even help most students understand a hard subject.

No comments: